How will your organization handle social media during a crisis?
David Kalson of PreparedEx recently presented, “The Internet, Social Media, and Crisis Communications”, at the International Crisis Management Conference in Boston this past April. During his presentation, he discussed the pros and cons of social media during a crisis.
- Irate customers who may not know facts
- Disgruntled employees
- Organized hostile activism
- Attacks from influential blogs/tweets
- Self-styled “humorists”
- Can engage with constituents to build brands that prevent social media crises
- Can use SM strategically to help manage the crisis