Molly McPherson has honed her skills through years of experience within the field of crisis communications and management. In this our 60th podcast, Molly takes us through her journey which includes working within the cruise line industry during 9/11 as well as her communication work for the government during hurricanes and much more.
Molly was a speaker at the 2019 International Crisis Management Conference where she engaged the audience with her stories from the world of crisis preparedness.
In this interview we covered the following:
– Top 3 corporate crisis communication rules and why
– Breaking down the crisis communication plan, the key elements
– Current examples of crises that were not communicated well
– Good instances where organizations have responded well to crises
– Advice she would give to someone starting out in the crisis communications world
– Finally, how important (and why) are tabletop exercises or similar rehearsals