Corporate crisis management planning and response capabilities is a responsibility that organizations should take seriously. Leaders that have the accountability to prepare their organization’s assets and personnel for various situations must consider the implications if they don’t prepare. This interview with Aaron Duncan covers the following aspects of crisis preparedness:
- An important element of crisis management as it relates corporations and their responsibilities.
- Common crisis management issues and challenges.
- Recent examples of how not to handle a crisis and lessons.
- Advice to those that are just starting out in the crisis communications field.
- The biggest challenges regarding social media that organizations face during crises.
- The importance of testing through simulation exercises that validate crisis communication and operational emergency plans together.
- Traits of good crisis leaders.